Tuesday 1 April 2014

SERMON THAT TOUCHES THE HEART: THE DAY MY BOYFRIEND AND I WENT TO CHURCH

Unknown | Tuesday, April 01, 2014 |

SERMON THAT TOUCHES THE HEART: THE DAY MY BOYFRIEND AND I WENT TO CHURCH
From that Friday night, the only break we had from the sheets were times we had our meals and a couple other times.
On Sunday, we got into church as usual. We sang and danced like every other worshipper.
My boyfriend and I were all ‘touchy touchy’; he would whisper something into my ears and I would whisper too.  What looked like Sunday as usual took a different turn when our pastor mounted the podium.  His sermon was titled “First Love”; he was preaching how we related with God the first time we gave our lives to Christ.
He kept mentioning all the things Christians do these days without any sense of guilt.

He turned to a corner of the hall and said “I can tell you for certain that some of you came to church today straight from your boyfriends’ bedrooms.” The part of the hall he was pointing at happened to be where we sat.  “Somebody there, you are looking at me now; you came to church from your boyfriend’s house.”
The whole congregation was quiet; everyone listened to the pastor with a straight face.
At the end of the sermon, pastor made an ‘altar call’; “bow down your head and close your eyes” he commanded.
“If you know you purposely lied or deceived someone or you committed fornication this week come to the altar.”  It was a very fiery sermon. More than half of the church emptied to the altar.
“Do not wait for anybody; do not look at your partner especially if your sin partner is there with you.”
I squeezed Fred’s hand, hoping he would jump to his feet and lead the way to the altar. He did not move. I left him there and walked down to the altar.
After prayers, I returned to my seat only to find out Fred was not there. I reached for my seat and sat down. On looking up, I saw him returning from the altar.
Back in the house, we both looked like fowls thoroughly beaten in the rain. Before I left his house that evening, we resolved we were going to abstain from sex until we have tied the knot.

Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed by the Bloom Gist users and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Bloom Gist or any employee thereof. Bloom Gist is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the Users.
In Other News Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...